Justin C. Berg
- Business Law and Litigation
- Construction Defect / Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Complex Commercial and Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation, including Wrongful Death and Product Liability
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate Litigation
After working for several experienced litigation firms in Texas while attending Rice University and the University of Houston Law Center, Justin decided to return to his hometown of Boulder to work at BHGR. Justin’s practice focuses almost exclusively on complex commercial and civil litigation. He has successfully handled a wide-variety of litigation matters and arbitrations, including cases involving multi-million dollar international mining and heavy civil construction contracts, protesting federal procurement bids to the Government Accountability Office (“GAO”) in Washington D.C., residential and commercial building construction (including construction defect actions under Colorado’s Construction Defect Action Reform Act (“CDARA”)), mechanic’s liens, residential and commercial lease disputes between landlords and tenants, large estate administration and fiduciary duty claims, warranty claims under the Uniform Commercial Code (“UCC”), and insurance bad faith in a variety of contexts.
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 2003
- B.A., Rice University, 2000
- Colorado, 2003
- American and Colorado Bar Associations
- Boulder County Bar Association; Past Chairman, 2004-05
- American and Colorado Trial Lawyers Associations
Honors & Awards
- Colorado Super Lawyers Magazine "Rising Star" in the field of General Litigation, 2011
While at Boulder High School, Justin played on the 1992 6A State Championship football team. As an undergraduate at Rice University, Justin started for four years on the baseball team, receiving all-conference and post season honors, and played in the 1997 and 1999 NCAA College World Series. After being drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals following his senior season, Justin decided to remain at Rice to continue his education and pursue the practice of law.
Outside the office, Justin takes every opportunity to enjoy the outdoors with his wife, Sally, who also practices law at BHGR, and his two children, Gus and Lily.